I Can't Wait!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Two more days until DH and I get to sit in an office and talk to the urologist about cutting open my husbands balls. This is not something that either one of us is looking forward to, but I probably didn't need to tell you that did I? Luckily I have an amazing husband and he is willing to do whatever it takes for us to have a baby even if it means taking what the doctors say is only a "pea sized" amount of tissue out of both of his testicles. As if the fact that they aren't taking half the testicle but only a small amount is supposed to make my husband feel any better.

The point of this lovely procedure is to see if there is sperm being made and just not making its way out. The hope is that they are able to see sperm in the testicles and we will be able to just extract them with a needle "TESE" (which also sounds like boat loads of fun) when we do our IVF.

If there is no sperm seen then our only way of making a baby is going to be with donor sperm.
Don't they all just seem like great solutions/outcomes?

So as I drink my wine tonight I think I shall toast: "To finding sperm" and a big fat "FUIF"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first sentence made me choke on my water! I was laughing so hard!!! My DH and I are in the same position...waiting to talk to the "Ball Doctor".

I am looking forward to following your journey!!

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Beth. I am so sorry that you've found yourself in this situation. My husband was diagnosed with azoospermia in 11/05 and we've been TTC through various options including IVF with TESA and donor IUIs and now donor IVF. It's rough, but I know it will be worth it someday. Hang in there and be good to yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth. I'm another one who has dealt with the no sperm conversation. It just sucks, and I'm sorry you're going through all this. I'll be hoping for sperm to be found, too, and for peace and clarity for both you and your husband as you go forward from here.

And yeah, boat loads of fun, indeed. During one conversation with my husband earlier in our journey, I was questioning whether he really wanted a child as much as I did. He quietly reminded me that he had allowed his balls to be cut open. Point well taken - I never questioned him about this again.

RELH said...

Great post! I hope that this procedure brings you little swimmers.. and lots of them! and I agree about what you said about BCPs in your profile... I too have spent way to much money on them in the past. And guess what? I just picked some up from the pharmacy today... getting ready for my FET !

Rebekah said...

You are in the same boat we're in - not a very fun one, I must say.

Has your DH's urologist done the bloodwork on his FSH levels? For us that was what determined whether it was non-obstructive azoospermia vs. obstructive. Just hope that's been done before they slice anything!

My DH is debating whether to try S/A after S/A hoping for just a few to freeze and use for ICSI (we've had 2 samples with just couple swimmers) or going ahead and doing the TESE - its a big decision!

Good luck to you both!

Michelle said...

I've given you a blogging award. Check my blog. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP